Saturday, March 16, 2013

Hi! My Name is...

Hi. You can call me Bernadette. I am petite. My mom is petite. My grandma is petite. And, there is a 90% chance that her mom, her grandma, and so on were also petite. Most of my female relatives are petite, but not very, very, very petite like me. I am super petite.

Petite is really just a fancy way to say short. No one calls me petite except for the companies who sell me clothes, but I like it. Others call me tiny, lil bit, small fry, 12 yr. old... However, to the two most important people to me, I am mom. My two wonderful children are so amazing. I feel guilty using the time I can be devoting to them to blogging, but writing is an outlet I always enjoyed in the past.

I decided to start this blog when my husband talked me into buying the "perfect" stroller. It had a large canopy, laid flat, and could fit in the small trunk of my sedan. It steered well and it had very good reviews. I loved everything about it. It was perfect. Except, the perfection stopped right on my boobs. It was not made for petites like me who are less than 5 ft. tall. The stroller handle stopped right on my chest. He suggested I could wear heels. I toyed with the idea a bit because this stroller was amazing and on clearance. Then I realized it was the crazy 36-week pregnant lady talking. I ccould not even walk straight without tripping on myself wearing flats, imagine with heels? He said I would have the stroller to lean on! I was sad to bring it back to the store. Okay, it was the Baby Jogger City Micro from Target.

That was when I realized, my height made a difference when it came down to caring for my children. With my first child, my husband was always around and I did not need to have the right gear to do anything. He carried her everywhere or we had our trusty umbrella stroller we bought at Babies R Us for $9.99 if we needed it. This time around, I am on my own during the first year of our son's life with a five-year old that seems to know everything. With sore arms and puffy eyes, I am on a quest to making all of our lives happier and simpler. I hope to share my experiences with you!

This is how this blog begins. I have written blogs as diaries before, so adding an informative twist is very new to me. I hope to share what products and tricks work best for me as a petite mom. Enjoy and laugh at my mishaps and learn from them.

I would like to know the kinds of Google searches you've done in hopes to find reviews strictly related to being a petite parent.

2 comments:

  1. This is the first blog that I have found for someone really petite (under 5ft) for baby gear. I have followed fashion blogs like Alterations Needed or Wendy's Lookbook, but haven't found anything for baby gear.
    I saw your post of a carrier. Very excited. I'm using wraps.
    What are you using for a crib? I won't be able to reach my baby once it goes to a lower setting and buying and selling drop side cribs is illegal. I am thinking of getting one of these because I will not even be able to reach the low setting of the Pack N Play and my LO is 13 pounds at 3 months:
    http://www.guavafamily.com/products/lotus-everywhere-travel-crib

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi LJones. Thanks for swinging by! :) I found this same problem, too when my baby was your baby's age. I honestly bought a step stool. I didn't want to buy a new crib since I was using my daughter's hand me down. If you go this route, make sure the stool is sturdy and have a wide enough base that it doesn't topple over. Soon enough, the side rail will eventually come off. I also found this http://thestir.cafemom.com/baby/7376/Too_Short_to_Lay_Sleeping

      Delete